The Malt House
The Malt House, York Old Brewery
The York Malt House is a luxury, two-bedroom, two-bathroom self-catering holiday apartment situated within a master maltster’s Georgian house on the site of the Old Brewery. This stunning property adjoins the York Minster precinct in Ogleforth, a quiet medieval lane in the heart of York's old city centre. The York Malt House offers a dedicated parking space for one vehicle within the gated courtyard of The Old Brewery, which is a rarity within York city centre. Joint Winner Visit York 2019
- Sleeping two to four guests, The York Malt House offers the highest standards of comfort and quality It has been awarded a 5 Star Gold rating by Visit England.
- This beautifully appointed self-catering holiday apartment is arranged over two floors. It is light and airy and feels tremendously spacious, in no small part because of the high, beamed ceilings and careful layout.
- You approach the apartment from the courtyard via two short outdoor flights of original stone steps. Having entered the front door to the building, The Malt House is immediately in front of you at Number 3.
- Open-plan living space with three large Georgian windows overlooking medieval St William’s College, owned by York Minster. Circular oak extendable dining suite for four persons. Quality sofa seating and a cushioned window-seat. Smart Freeview TV, free WiFi , DVD player, books and games. The magnificent original floor-to-ceiling arched window affords lovely views over The Old Brewery courtyard towards Ogleforth.
- A bespoke kitchen with quality fittings and marble work surfaces provides everything required by the keenest of cooks.
- The apartment offers a spacious family bathroom, equipped with both a bath and a separate shower cubicle.
- Charming twin bedroom, which overlooks the fascinating roofscapes of medieval York. Stylish bespoke fitted wardrobes. Freeview TV.
- The second bedroom is accessed down a short flight of stairs, affording valued privacy, and has an en-suite shower room. This bedroom is configured as a super-king double. Bespoke fitted wardrobes Freeview TV
- Top quality furnishings, British-made Sealy beds, pure cotton bed linen
- We are interested in local talented artists, whose work injects interest and colour to the walls of the apartment.
- Monday and Friday changeover days
- Complimentary Welcome Hamper
- No smoking,no vaping, no pets
- Children over 12 years only.
A week’s holiday or a short city break in such a lovely apartment can be enjoyed in winter, spring, summer and autumn.
You can view our prices and availability on-line. You can then either book on-line or by telephone. Payment can be made by credit or debit card on-line or over the telephone or by posted cheque. We can answer any questions you may have by email or telephone.