The Owl House
The Owl House, High Barn
The Owl House is a beautifully converted two-storey holiday cottage, painstakingly created to offer luxury self-catering accommodation in East Yorkshire.
Near Bridlington, Bempton Cliffs and Flamborough Head on the East Yorkshire coast, and within easy reach of Beverley, Filey, Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby, York and the North Yorkshire Moors for day trips, The Owl House makes a great base for a family of four, couples or the single traveller seeking a self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
The Owl House is really special and absolutely unique. Prior to the renovations, breeding barn owls at nested at High Barn. To ensure they stayed with us, we constructed a totally self-contained 5 Star owl house, complete with CCTV in the roof space of this building. Each year the Barn Owls have continued to use this favoured nesting place, whilst our visitors can watch the owl's activities from the comfort of their cottages. Three chicks were raised in 2012. After a long, wet Spring in 2013, despite mating again, no eggs appeared. Four chicks fledged in 2014 and gave great pleasure to all who viewed them on the web-cam. Since then, chicks have been successfully raised each year, bar one.
The Owl House was formerly a workman’s cottage until it fell into disrepair in the mid 20th century. We gave it a 21st Century makeover which resulted in this perfect Yorkshire holiday cottage sleeping up to four. Its layout is traditional, with the living accommodation on the ground floor and the bedrooms on the floor above.
- The accommodation is on two levels.
- Entrance hall with cloakroom.
- Living room with views over the wild flower meadow, the newly planted orchard and the courtyard.
- Generous dining-kitchen beautifully finished with quartz work-surfaces and quality appliances, including an American-style fridge-freezer. Excellent views and access to the patio.
- Upstairs master bedroom with a super-king-size bed, Freeview flat-screen television, and an en-suite bath room.
- Upstairs twin bedroom with Freeview flat-screen television and an en-suite shower room. This room can alternatively be configured as a double bedroom by prior request.
- Private patio area with lovely views and outdoor furniture.
- Wildlife web-cam.
- Free Wi-Fi for use with your own laptop.
- Under-floor heating throughout.
- Secure parking for two cars.
- Log burning stove
- Complimentary Welcome Hamper
You can view our prices and availability on-line. You can then either book on-line or by telephone. Payment can be made by credit or debit card on-line or over the telephone or by posted cheque. We can answer any questions you may have by email or telephone.